Saturday, January 10, 2009

Certificate of Insurance

Professional vendors have their certificate of insurance in place, but up until now, we didn't have to show proof to the various venues until about the last six months.

Turtle Bay Resort requires a certificate of insurance on file with the Catering Office and also has a vendor form to be submitted by the client.

The State of Hawaii requires a certificate of insurance in order to issue beach permits through the Department of Land and Natural Resources.

Starwood properties (Sheraton Waikiki and Moana Surfrider) is also now requiring a certificate of insurance on file, so I'm sure Royal Hawaiian Hotel and others will start requesting the same.

Although its a little more paperwork, at the end of the day, I think it is good because then they know they are dealing with professional vendors on a client's most important day.

No comments: