Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Does your vendor have a Certificate of Liability of Insurance?

Does your vendor have liability insurance?

As a wedding coordinator, I get copies of all of my clients vendor contracts to ensure that critical information is extracted (set-up needs, payment schedule, number of hours reserved, a confirmation of what the vendor is providing as well as if a meal is required).

In addition to the vendor contracts, I also receive a copy of the venue contract, which until recently, the only hotel that required a copy of a vendors liability insurance on file was the Turtle Bay Resort. This requirement is now noted on the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort's contract as well as the Sheraton Waikiki, so it will not be long before all hotels will also add this to their contracts.

When interviewing and hiring your vendors, please be sure that they have the a Certificate of Liability Insurance and verify if they have one on file with the venue(s) you are considering.

To date, Hawaii Weddings and Events has a Certificate of Liability of Insurance on file on an annual basis with the Turtle Bay Resort, Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian Hotel, Sheraton Waikiki, State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources (required for beach permit) as well as the City and County of Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation.

As a professional planning firm, we will continue to add to this list as needed and will always ensure we are always in compliance with the rules.

No comments: