Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis the season to give......

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday of the year, this year is no exception.

I love the smell of the Christmas tree, and especially love hanging the ornaments as I reflect on my kids growing up.
Every year I add a new ornament to my Christmas collection. I have a baby shoe ornament from when my daughter was born, very heavy clay pieces that both of my kids made in their kindergarten class that have a special place on the strongest branches of the tree and the topper is a Hawaiian angel my son made.
Our tree may not be the most glamorous, but it is a tree full of memories and I wouldn't have it any other way. This picture is from a couple of years ago, as I am waiting for my son to return home from college to put up this year's tree as that is when my holiday season will officially start.
Another favorite part of the Christmas season is taking the time to give back to those less fortunate. Needless to say, the Salvation Army bell ringers always get a contribution and through the Honolulu Chapter of the National Association of Catering Executives (NACE) we've adopted a family through the Lokahi Giving Project for the past four years. At our NACE holiday party on Tuesday evening, we also collected canned goods to be given to Aloha Harvest and I personally donate a holiday dinner to a family in need.

No comments: